The effective date and changes of this Privacy Notice
The types of data that we process
Our Company collects, holds and processes the following data:
- That identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and includes information such as your name, address, gender, email address, birth date and phone numberand other contact details. While information such as name and email address is necessary, as we need it to provide you with the service, the rest is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website.
- Like all websites, our servers automatically record ‘log files’ containing information about the volume and characteristics of our website traffic e.g. IP address, numbers of pages viewed, length of time spent on site. We use log files to build pictures of how our site is used that help us to monitor and improve the service. We cannot identify you from your log files.
- We use the Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organize our website.
- Your form responses under “A little more info”, such as location and discipline, will be used by Horseware Products Ltd for research and commercial purposes.
- Your form responses for the Brand Ambassador / Influencer program are used to assess your application. Further information is available in the Brand Ambassador / Influencer program Terms and Conditions.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- When you sign up for our email newsletter
- When you register online or place an order for any of our products or services
- When you voluntarily complete a customer survey, application form or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- When you use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Security and how we store your data
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers hosted by our ISP (Internet Service Provider). The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data.
The retention period or criteria used to determine the retention period of the data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection legislation will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. We keep personal data for a variety of purposes and for a variety of retention periods. The general guidelines for how long we retain data are based on a clear assessment of what is necessary and proportionate in our business, with particular reference to statutory obligations that apply to our business.
We will not hold your Personal Data any longer than is necessary for functions associated with this website. We will review our databases on a periodic basis, and shall delete data that is outdated, inaccurate, or no longer necessary. Horseware Ireland reserves the right to contact users in this regard.
For certain services, there is a specific retention period and, once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by appropriate deletion software. An example of this is WooCommerce, which we have set up to delete inactive accounts after 12 months.
The Purpose of Processing
Our Company purpose of processing your data is to ensure that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account, obtain payment or notify you of the status of your order;
- Maintain and fulfil a customer / service provider relationship and to send important notices, such as communications about product purchases, product recalls, product warranty information, product safety or security information, and changes to other policy documents. (Because this information is important to the products that you purchase on Service Provider’s ecommerce platform, you will receive these communications even if you have opted out of all other communications);
- Respond to any queries you submit to us;
- Where you have consented to the sharing of your information with third parties, we will do so in accordance with Disclosure of Information to Third Parties below;
- Seek your views on our site and our services;
- Send you newsletters or other forms of communication that you register for;
- Create a variety of market research insights and to help us to better understand consumer behavior, which in turn helps us to make smart decisions about our products and services.
When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
There may be occasions that we process your personal data as part of a statutory or contractual requirement. Failing to provide the personal data may result in services being withdrawn and a report made to the relevant authorities.
Our websites are not aimed to attract children and our objective is not to collect personal information from children. Anyone under the age of 18 should not use our sites unless supervised by an adult. Our goal is to comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to collection and use of information from children, including the Children’s On-line Privacy Protection Act of the United States and other applicable laws or regulations in the EU.
If you agree, our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you agree, our Company may share your data with our partner brands so that they may offer you their products and services. These partner companies include:
- Horseware Ireland
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Our Company Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link that is included on every email newsletter.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Our Company has a legitimate interest by engaging third party processors. Some of these processors may have access to some or all of your data. Whilst third party processors are held to the same personal privacy and obligations under the Data Protection legislation and External Data Protection Regulation, we do not control the use of such third party technology and we are not responsible for any specific actions or policies of such third parties.
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include advertisers, researchers and other similar parties.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfill a service you have requested (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). Any third party we disclose the information to, will use it for the purposes of delivering the service in question unless you have agreed otherwise. We use third party processors to send large volumes of emails etc, such as Dotmailer. The shop.horseware ecommerce platform is managed by our Service Provider and, if you have any queries, please use the Customer Service Help information available at https://kibo.force.com/consumersupport.
We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
The details regarding any transfer of personal data to a third country and the safeguards taken
Your information is stored on secure systems on our premises and with providers of secure information storage (including cloud storage providers).
We may transfer or allow the transfer of information about you and your products and services with us to our service providers and other organizations outside the European Economic Area (EEA), but only if they agree to act solely on our instructions and protect your information to the same standard that applies in the EEA.
For example, we may process payments using third parties (e.g. Financial Institutions) if, for example, you make a foreign payment. Those external organizations may process and store your personal information abroad and may disclose it to foreign authorities to help them in their fight against crime and terrorism.
Some of our service providers, for example IT, telecommunication, payment processors, providers of administration services and contractors are based outside of the EEA. Where we authorize the processing/ transfer of your personal information outside of the EEA, we require your personal information to be protected to the standards and technical and organizational measures as detailed elsewhere in this privacy notice. If an Adequacy rule is not in place between the EU and the country in which or processors are established, the following data protection transfer mechanisms will be in place:
- Model Clauses – These are standard clauses in our contracts with our service providers to ensure that any personal data leaving the EEA will be transferred in compliance with EU data-protection law.
- Adherence to the EU/US Privacy Shield
- Binding Corporate Rules
In the event of Brexit, the United Kingdom may be outside the EEA but we will ensure that the protections referred to below apply to any such transfers from the EEA to the United Kingdom.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email marketing”at”horseware.com or call us at +353 42 9389000.
Automated decision-making system and profiling
There are no plans to process your data for automated decision making or profiling purposes.
This website uses “cookie” technology. A cookie is a little piece of text stored by the browser on your computer, at the request of our server – our cookies are not available to other websites. The information generated by the cookie relates to information about your use of Horseware Ireland e.g it will record the number of user sessions on the site and track the number of users who return to the site.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Notifying you when a particular item is Back in Stock if you have selected this option
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Strictly Necessary – These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our websites and use the features. Without these cookies, services like the shopping cart (where relevant) will not work.
- Functional – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer, location you are in or whether you opted to receive a Back in Stock Notifier. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies and plugins are used.
- Performance – Our Company uses these cookies to analyze the performance and design of our website and detect errors. Additional detail on these cookies is outlined in our “Analytics” section below.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the below websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our Sites are not set up to respond or process web browser “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals.
Google Chrome link to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&ref_topic=14666
Internet Explorer link to https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Safari web link to https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
Safari iOS link to https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201265
Blocking and deleting cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of our website and you might be prevented from using all the features available on our website.
By continuing to browse our Website, you hereby consent to this Cookies Policy regardless of your browser settings.
How to make a complaint
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact, complain or raise a query or concern to the Data Protection Commissioner. Information on how to do this is available at https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Raise-a-Concern/1716.htm . If you do not have access to the Internet, please let me know and I will provide a copy of the relevant webpages.
Horseware Ireland’s head office is located at Horseware Products Ltd., Finnabair Business Park, Dundalk, Co Louth, A91 KF5F, Ireland. Telephone: +353429389000
Our North American facility is located at Horseware Products Ltd., 1350 Cunningham Road, Kinston, NC, 28501. Telephone: 800-887-6688